When zesting lemons, oranges, limes and other citrus, it's important to only lift up the essential oil rich flavedo and avoid the bad tasting, bitter pith underneath. It's also important that your tool is comfortable to hold, because whether you're adding a touch of zest as a garnish or making lots for a recipe, a firm hold will give you better control of movement.
The Zyliss Zester features a line of small, round stainless steel zesters, which scrape off thin strips of zest without digging up the pith. The zester also has a channelling gouge, for creating longer, thicker strips of peel. Best of all, it has a rounded, balloon shaped handle which sits in the hand comfortably, and gives you control for precision movement.
- Circular zesting blades lift off zest without digging up the bitter pith
- Won't collect zest like a fine grater does - strips fall away during use
- Large gouger creates long, thick strips
- Ideal for making lots of zest for baking
- Easy and quick to use for adding small amounts of zest to foods
- Large, rounded handle is comfortable to hold and provides a non-slip grip
- Stainless steel head
- Available in lemon yellow or lime green (both have the same function)
- Dishwasher safe
Zyliss have been designing, innovating and inventing new concepts in kitchenware since 1948. Out of Switzerland, Zyliss are considered pioneers of the original garlic press, salad spinner and onion chopper designs, and continue to define their success through innovation.
When you buy Zyliss kitchenware, you benefit from a considered approach to design. Whether it's an entirely different way of achieving a goal, or minor improvements in the way you hold, grip and use a kitchen tool, the sum total is a chasm of difference between regular kitchenware and Zyliss products. Created with good build quality and sturdy materials, Zyliss kitchenware is dependable and long lasting, backed up by a 5 year warranty.