Providing better agility than a full sized Chef Knife, but a little more force than the small Paring Knife, the Wusthof Classic Ikon Utility Knife occupies the halfway point for extra flexibility in the kitchen. Ideal for slicing fruit, chopping small vegetables, preparing cold lunches and complementing your Cook's Knife for common chopping and slicing tasks.
- Medium sized blade with sharp pointed tip and shallow profile
- Ideal for slicing fruit, cheese and cold meats
- Provides agility when working with smaller vegetables and intricate tasks
- Short bolster opens up the full length of the blade for sharpening and slicing
- Smooth ergonomically designed handle is comfortable to hold and provides good control
- Full tang design with three rivets and full metal cap
- High carbon stainless steel formulation - X 50 Cr Mo 15 - for sharpness, durability and long lasting performance
- 20° edge is sharp, stable and easy to maintain with home sharpeners
- Designed and manufactured in Germany
Based out of Solingen in the German Rhinelands, Wusthof have been creating high quality knives since 1814. A modern update to their classic series, Wusthof Classic Ikon features a smooth, ergonomically designed handle, shortened bolster and beautiful metal cap.
Wusthof Classic Ikon Series knives are a forged construction, made from a professional class formula of high carbon stainless steel, and laser cut for a precision cutting edge. The knives feature exceptional weighting and balance, with an exceptionally comfortable handle, thick spine and full tang design to make everyday chopping, slicing and dicing feel effortless.
Cleaning and Care
For the best results from your Wusthof knives, keep them clean and dry and when not in use, avoid dishwasher cleaning and abrasive scourers, and stick to a good maintenance regime. Each time you use your knife, give it a quick once over with a sharpening steel, and use a medium coarse sharpener every week or so. Periodically, the knife may have to be reground (especially if you don't keep on top of regular maintenance), which you can do by taking it to a professional knife sharpener or butcher. By taking care of your good German knives, you can expect many years of enjoyment from them.