Pyrex glass is oven safe, so why not cook with it? Pyrex Classic Casseroles delivers the joy of cooking with glass, but with the strength and flexibility of Pyrex it's just as easy as cooking with ceramic or metal.
Glass works differently to other materials, becoming very hot quickly and efficiently. Most dishes will have reduced cooking times in the oven, and you should be able to use a lower heat than normal. The great thing is, when you're cooking in Pyrex Classic Casseroles, you can see exactly what is happening through the cooking vessel. Use your Pyrex casserole in the oven for baking cakes, roasting meat and vegetables, braising and even baking bread, and keep any leftovers in the fridge or freezer and heat them up in the microwave.
- Lid and casserole dish made from Pyrex glass
- Break and scratch resistant, suitable with all utensils
- Safe in the oven, freezer, microwave, fridge and dishwasher
- Doesn't build up carbonised (burnt on) layers of grease and food residue - washes clean every time
- Nonporous surface doesn't absorb flavours and odours
- Cold to hot thermal shock resistant - goes from the fridge or freezer to a hot oven or microwave
- Made in USA
Simplicity, in pure Pyrex glass. Pyrex Classic and Originals showcases the strength and versatility of Pyrex, across a diversity of kitchen tasks. Incredibly strong, resistant to thermal shock, safe to use in the oven, microwave, freezer and dishwasher, Pyrex Classic creations are pure and unadorned Pyrex glass.
Pyrex Glass can be used heavily for years without retaining odours, staining, or becoming worn and misshapen. Oils and food residue wash away easily, the nonporous glass retaining nothing, and always polishing up to a brilliant shine. Pyrex is resistant to thermal shock, so it can be taken from the fridge or freezer directly to a hot oven or microwave. Please not that it does not go the other way; Pyrex should be left to cool slowly after being heated.